Realms of Aevernon: Puck's Annotation
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength: Their Shade lineage allows the Shadar-kai a two-edged sword. Their partial insubstantiability means that it’s easier for them to avoid attacks, however it’s harder for them to interact with real-world objects.
- Shadar-Kai base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to magic with the word “Shadow” in the title or as a descriptor.
- +2 racial bonus on Stealth, Escape Artist, and Tumble checks.
- -2 to all Attack and Skill rolls while in areas of bright light.
- Shade Blood
- Automatic Languages: Evercommon and Abyssal. Bonus languages: Any other than secret languages.
- Spell-Like Abilities: Shadow Slide – The Shadar-kai turns into a disc of shadow, gaining immunity to all attacks and spells while in this form, but is not able to attack or use spells himself. It may be used as a minor action and does not provoke attacks of opportunity. This ability functions for a number of turns per day equal to half the Shadar-kai’s current level. This ability does not need to be used on consecutive turns. It may be used as many times per day as necessary until the Shadar-kai runs out of turns. If the Shadar-kai tries to retain use of this spell after his daily allotment is used, he may do so with a DC15 Fortitude check. Each successful check increases the DC modifier by 2 for the next attempt. If the Shadar-kai fails one of these checks, he is unable to return to his normal form for 1 hour/level. The Shadar-kai may instead use five turns’ worth of use of this ability to turn into a complete Shade for the rest of the combat scenario.